Mission Church has been restored to its 1830’s appearance. Walk up and down the aisles and see the restored church in its 1830’s-era glory. Open a pew door and sit inside, enjoying the peace and quiet of a church from the past. Each family had their own pew, as evident when entering this church, and for a moment that space could be yours.
Evangelical Protestants built the New England style Mission Church during 1829 and 1830 to house the Presbyterian Congregation on Mackinac Island. The church was led by Reverend William Ferry and his wife Amanda, who were missionaries with the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Mission. Many prominent island residents involved in the fur trade attended the church, including Robert Stuart and Henry Schoolcraft.
Mackinac Island, MI 49757